The World’s Jewish Museum is organized as a public benefit company which is one form of a non-profit entity in Israel. Directors of the World’s Museum of Jewish History and Culture (Private) Ltd (CC) convene regularly to oversee the museum’s activities and its management. The activities of the PBC include; fundraising issues, budget, relations with the Museum of the Diaspora and relations with the Israeli government.
The World’s Museum of Jewish History and Culture (Private) LTD (CC) Board includes:
- Jean de Gunzburg – UK
- Phillipe Amon – Switzerland
- David Wollach – Switzerland
- Ami Bougamin – Israel
- Frances Belzberg, CM – Canada
- Hila Oren, CEO Tel Aviv Foundation – Israel
- Gail Asper, O.C., O.M., LL.D, President, The Asper Foundation – Canada
- Jonathan Shiff, Lawyer – Israel
- Moe Levy, Executive Director, The Asper Foundation – Canada
- Rabbi Joseph Telushkin, Author and Scholar – USA
The inaugural Board Meeting of the The World’s Museum of Jewish History and Culture (Private) LTD (CC) was held in Israel on June 13, 2019 at the Tel Aviv Foundation offices. Mayor Ron Huldai attended the meeting and spoke of his belief in the importance of the WJM and his personal effort to successfully secure the gift of land from the municipality until 2021. He also said that he has placed the WJM in the city’s promotional materials as one of the main projects the city is endorsing.
Two other Friends organizations have been established:
- United States: American Friends of the World’s Jewish Museum
- Canada: Canadian Friends of the World’s Jewish Museum
All three organizations have charitable status and official tax receipts are issued for donations to the WJM.